Friday, February 8, 2008

Valentine's Day Cards and Preventative Hair Care

We made Valentine's cards for some relatives, mostly for grandparents and Nyk's bio father.


2007_02120029



2007_02120031

Then yesterday when I picked Nykki up at La Vida we were told that during the routine morning head check in the kindergarten, one little girl had some lice eggs in her hair. Lice is a problem with public schools these days. If a child has lice the school is reluctant to send them home or make them stay home until it's cleared up because they will not get paid by the state for the child that day if they are not there and the schools, especially Nykki's, need every penny.

So I checked his head when we got home and didn't find anything but I figured prevention is the best medicine so we were out until 7 PM last night doing loads of sheets and blankets at the laundra-mat and then came home and put mayonnasie on our heads.

2007_02120034

Fun fun fun

I've heard once you get it, it's really hard to get rid of so I really would like to avoid getting it. I've seen friends try to get rid of it naturally only to have it come back again and again and then they break down and use the chemical kits.

I would love lice prevention ideas from you mamas.