Wednesday, February 6, 2008

This makes me want to quit blogging...

I'm so distraught. I've been blogging for nearly 8 years now. In all that time I've poured my heart and soul into my words. I've laid bare my inner self many times in the hopes of being a voice of solidarity and hope for all moms out there in internet world. I also blog because I want to feel connection and friendship with other alternative moms out there.

After spending years of my life and many hours per week dedicated to this personal blog I was called a "business" blog by an administer on a mom oriented forum site today. Not only that but she removed my blog url from my signature (which is in every signature I have, gmail, yahoo, myspace, etc because my blog is my online "home").

Imagin how that feels. I joined up a new forum site for alt moms hoping to meet some friendly moms to share things with and I get my first private email from a forum mom. I was so excited, someone wanted to email me! But no it's an email saying my life is a business, probably one of the worst insults one could hurl at me.

I have a link to my two e-books on the side of my blog but I don't see how that can be fathomed as a "business". It's certainly no more than a blog mom who has an etsy shop or e-bay link on the side of her blog, or a mom who allows google ads on their site, which they are then paid for.

You know how much I've made on my e-books through this blog? 20 bucks. That comes no where close to qualifying as a business.

So after having a good cry about the whole thing I must ask you all, my readers, have I failed? Do I somehow come off as anything but a personal blog? I work so hard on this blog, I put so much time into it and I'm feeling so awful about this.

After 8 years this makes me want to quit blogging.

Maybe I'll feel better int he moring.