Tuesday, March 23, 2010

With Sunshine I Can Do All Things...



Sunshine, on my shoulder makes me happy...

Here's little Avers McGavers the pumpkin pie in the sky (our long winded nick name for him) enjoying a nap in Mama's arms in front of our dining room window.

The sun is bursting forth and I'm riding it's tidal wave of warmth and joy! Everything seems so much brighter, literally and emotionally in Spring.

It reminds me of our morning verse...

The Sun with loving light
makes bright for me each day
my soul with Spirit-power
gives strength unto my limbs
in Sunlight shining clear
I revere,
Oh Heavenly Parents
the strength that though hath placed
so graciously in my soul
that I with all my might
may love to work and learn
from thee stream light and strength
to thee rise love and thanks!

Amen

- Rudolph Steiner

Morning verses
are so important to children and mamas. They are prayers, blessings, that start off each day with an eye toward our idea of God. It reminds me of one of my favorite scriptures

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13

When we root our day in the Divine we remember that we can accomplish what we want and do all things with joy through our connection to the Divine. How are you strengthened today? Where do you seek your comfort? Are you washing those dishes with a smile on your face? Why or why not?