Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spring Cleaning Crafts

Let's start off this post with some Spring/Easter egg decorating MLG style. We bought some local pastured hen eggs and selected our favorites. Some white, tan, brown and speckled. We hard boiled 'em and drew on them with Stockmar beeswax crayons (I love those!) This is a super easy, all natural, mess free way to celebrate the season!







Next I want to share an easy-pleasy tip for keeping surfaces clean. It seems that my children have a never ending amount of smearing to do with their hands. They smear smudginess all over the sink, the counter tops and the walls, all day long. So I started knitting these handy little clothes.



I hang them on a peg near the surface in question. I then do a quick wipe-down of the surface as I pass by during the day.

Here's the recipe:

Size 10 needles. Choose a yarn (I like cotton), this is also a GREAT scrap yarn project!)

Cast on 26 stitches
K 3 rows
Slip the first stitch (always do this at the beginning of each row)
K2, P10, K10, P3 for 26 rows for a square, 36 for a rectangle
K 3 rows, cast off, finger crochet a loop at the end

It takes about an hour or so, a nice settle-down project at the end of the day. Enjoy!