Friday, July 9, 2010

Colorado Count Down: Pretend Passports

Over the next week I will be featuring a series called Colorado Countdown meant to showcase some of our moving projects. For those who don't know, the kids and I are taking four days to go from Northern California to our new home outside Boulder, CO starting on the 15th.

Yesterday the kids and I made pretend passports for them to take on the trip. When we stop for treats, food, gas or at the hotel the kids will seek out stamps, stickers, etc. to put in their passport to remember that leg of the journey!

Here's how we made ours...

Supplies:

Paper
Blue crayon or marker
Hole Punch
String
Wallet sized photos
Black marker and pen
Eagle picture (I photocopied ours from a book at the library)
Laminate or packing tape
Patience (fruit of the Spirit)




Cut out one wallet picture, create one card sized, folded paper with sheets cut to fit inside




Have the kids color the outside of their passport, blue if you live in America, then place an eagle picture on it with some tape or glue


Write your countries name at the top and the words "passport at the bottom"



Laminate (or I used packing tape) the outside and hole punch the sides for insert pages for the stamps, stickers, etc. Tie secure with string.



The finished inside, also makes a nice ID if your children, God forbid, get lost. You can include as much or as little info as you like. Here I have my children's names, date of birth, gender, country and the date we made them. Later I will include my track phone number for the track phone I will take on the trip along with my name and my mother's phone number.