Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Update on Us

We are set to get a computer on Wednesday that we got off freecycle (I LOVE freecycle!!!) and Seth thinks he might be able to get windows on our old Mac laptop. In the meantime the computer has held up well after Seth sat down with a knife, a sewing needle and some craft glue and worked a little magic. We don't expect it to last long however and I'm actually looking forward to having a desk top again. It was really interesting, I was reading out loud to Nykki from Little House on the Prairie when Seth was fixing the computer and in the story it was talking about Pa fixing something. It was intesting - I felt for that space, time didn't exisit - we were in our little house in the big woods while Pa worked on something that, to us, is crucial as far as income and being able to keep life going smoothly.

Seth also finally got paid for over a months worth of work so our finacnes have eased up a bit and today we are going to go put some money in the bank so we can pay the phone bills and hopefully I will have long distance service again soon and we can stop the basic line from getting shut off. When we got the money we went straight out and bought vegetables, we had been eating beans and rice for so long we really missed fresh food! Nykki and I decided to say and extra blessing for dinner last night because we were so happy to have salad!

Stamps will be bought today to send out holiday cards. We have to pick up the computer from Ft. Bragg so we get to go to the beach tomorrow and Dennis Kucinich will be here (Ukiah) giving a talk on Thursday! I'm making us all matching shirts to wear to the event. I'm so excited about it I could pee myself LOL!

I'm feeling the Yule tide spirit!