Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Coast

We ventured to the coast yesterday just the kids and I, Papa was working. After a winding hour drive through the mountain side we arrived at the rainy, cold coast and I loved it! After having grown up in a desert that's been paved over with asphault there's nothing I like better than cold and rainy! Really!

Mendocino!



We were there to pick up a new computer we got from Freecycle. We arrived a little early with 40 minutes to spare so I parked and we began searching for a place to eat some lunch. We walked down the wrong block, mostly shops not any places to eat. The wind was fearce and just when we were beginning to get cold we stumbled across Wisdom House Gallery. I stopped in to see if Shilo, the artist and owner, remembered me (she was my art and business teacher in college).

We walked into the warm little cottage adorn wall to wall with images of the Goddess. Shilo remembered me very well and we chatted happily about our lives for over a half hour and then Nykki and I ran back to the car in the rain laughing the whole time - Ronan tucked down in his sling snug as a bug. (I think the locals thought we were a bit odd) I felt so happy having a moment to talk to an inspiring woman like Shilo - I've got to visit more often! It makes me miss school and women's circles (it's a good thing I'm starting a local one in March *wink*)


Photobucket


We picked up our computer and found a sweet cafe to have lunch in. We munched on organic Mac and Cheese, a Veggie Empada with goat cheese and some ginger bread men. Ronan packed away the food - he's growing right now! One of the best parts of the day was when two men in the cafe began speaking French. I felt like I was back in Paris at one of the little cafe's (Paris having been cold and rainy when I was there so the setting was perfect!) It was like stepping back in time and space and the best part was I got to take my children with me :)

What a magickal time.

What's everyone doing for Winter Solstice? Nykki, Ronan and I are prefroming as animals in the local Winter Solstice Spiral dance Friday night and then we're looking forward to a visit from Santa and we'll see what we got Saturday morning!

Rainy Winter Blessings to you!