Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Homemade Holidays!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Baking cookies. It reminds me of my childhood. Every year I looked forward to the day we would bake Christmas cookies. Debi would store them in a big tin and I would sneek bites of santa's feet as I passed through the kitchen. This year at a thrift shop I found the exact same style cookie cutters I had as a child. It made this years cookie making extra cozy.

Here's the recipe:

INGREDIENTS

* 2 3/4 cups white spelt flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 cup organic butter, softened (soy butter works too)
* 3/4 cup agave necture
* 1 organic, cage-free egg (or 1/4 cup egg replacer)
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract


DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and agave until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets. (for cookie cutters place dough in fridge for 1 - 2 hours, then roll and cut)
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.





Also on the homemade list are Star Babies. I'm making these as gifts. They're super sweet and full of love!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket