Thursday, July 24, 2008

They're taking over....

So now in New Zeland you better give your kid a safe name like "Chris" or "Joe" otherwise a judge may make them a ward of the state so he can change their name!

Now, I understand, some names listed in this article were ridiculous but the little girl in question didn't have THAT bad a name and ridiculous or not it's a parents right to name a child what they want - the child can always go by a nickname and then change their name when they're older.

I'm really worried about a world wide trend this may start. My children have "weird" names or so I've been told. Many friends of mine have children with names like Rainbow, Heart, Leaf, Sky, Blue, Green, Indigo, Unity, Serenity - who's going to decide what's too weird? It looks like the court system, that's who.

Another gross over step into peoples personal life by the courts if you ask me.