Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Guest Post: I Too ...

by Debra

I, too, am a convert to the LDS church, over thirty years now. I too, love Jesus Christ as my personal Savior, the gospel, and the Church. I too, have always loved Heavenly Mother and have a special connection with her.

I too, believe the original gospel restoration that Joseph Smith brought forth contains the essence of truth, and the essence of the synthesis of truth that you seek and experience. I too, have observed that the institution of the LDS church as it has developed over the last 100 years, has moved a considerable and imho disturbing distance from the grandness and expansiveness and freedom and breathing room of Joseph's original vision and intent. It saddens and frustrates me.

I too, honor our Mother Earth, and incorporate ritual in my personal life. I too, believe we as LDS women have had priesthood restored to us in 1843, and that it is up to us as women to find the voice of God/Goddess within us, follow our own heart's path, stand up and claim our truth, and begin using our gifts, and fulfilling our divine birthright and destiny. I believe it is our sacred privilege, right, and responsibility as women of God to do this, and that the time is NOW that we do.

May you and your family be richly blessed in every way, and may our Heavenly Mother be with you in abundance.

Love and light