Sunday, July 20, 2008

I Have My Train Tickets

Photobucket

I bought my train tickets yesterday *bites nails nervously* I guess this means I have to do it. I have to go through with it and stand up in front of all those people and act like I'm smart! LOL

In all seriousness I'm excited and scared to death all at the same time!

A lot of people have been asking me, what is the Sunstone Symposium? Here's a quote from this years program:

The Salt Lake Sunstone symposium is an annual gathering of Latter-day Saints, scholars, and others interested in the diversity and richness of Mormon thought and experience and who enjoy pondering the past, present and future of the unfolding Restoration. Hosting discussions from all disciplines and presentations of all kinds, the symposium is based upon the principles of an open forum and the trust that both the cause of truth and the society of the Saints are best served by free and frank exploration and discussion.

So I roll into SLC on Aug 7th after a 17 hour train ride from Sacramento with two kids (pray for us) and roll out of SLC on August 10th (pray for me again)

Even though it's a long ride I'm really looking forward to the train! What a way to travel!