Sunday, July 13, 2008

4th of July

I'm not exaclty what you'd call patriotic, I love America sure, but I take issue with, well, our current practices as well as our history - that aside I love what America is suppose to be and I really love this land.

My lack of red, white and blue enthusiasim, coupled with my disstaste for the heat makes the 4th of July the bottom of the barrel when it comes to holidays for me BUT I love fireworks. The witch inside me gets all excited about this modern, midsummer, bonfire ritual so I can be seen hanging out at the park on 4th of July waiting for the unlenting sun to drop behind the hills and the fireworks to start-a-burstin' with the Boss' "Born in the USA" playing in the background. (BTW if he's "the boss", I quit)

Here's some pics!

2007_07150025

I forgot my Ergo (ahhhh!!!) so at Nykki's direction I made this sling out of an old blanket on the back seat! Nyk also took the pic!

2007_07150026