Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Full Moon Yoga Class!

Photobucket

I've been teaching Mommy and Me Yoga since last July now. In this small town I've had a maximum of 2 students per class. It's been and up and down roller coaster ride for me. I really love teaching and I know I'm really good at it but some weeks no one would come and I would roll up my mat and head home finding happiness only in the fact that I was holding the space of mommy/baby bonding through the ancient practice of yoga in my community.

Yesterday was a full moon. I gathered together a Moon salutation and a mommy moon meditation expecting just my regular student to be there. Four students showed up!!! I was so happy I literally jumped up and down! We worked through two moon salutations and then sat with a wonderful meditation. We all felt so good afterward!

It's so inspiring to practice yoga with other mamas! When I practice at home it's rewarding but nothing compares to a community of mamas breathing together, stretching, getting lots of good oxygen into out muscles and feeling our bodies move with our breath in that groovyharmony called yoga!