Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Dress Ups!

I LOVE to play dress ups and luckily I'm with a partner willing to indulge me! As a child I was constantly "dressed up" even if I looked like a normal school girl I was dressing as something - it all worked out in my mind. It wasn't until I dated a woman who loved to dress up that I got back into the spirit of dress up that I left behind about 5 year before that. My ex taught me how to dress up, how to take seeminly ordinary household items and emblish them into something special. That was one great gift I got from that relationship.

Last night was Triple Trinity Temple's annual masquerade ball. We got all decked out and grooved our little tushies to the awesome sounds of "Land of the Blind". They are like Druid Trance music mixing Celtic, Goddess influenced, dance music with live, dijeredo and soaring vocals.It was deeply spiritual music and I was really in the "zone" as I danced. I felt like a tribal woman stomping out the rhythms of the coming year.

2007_0106jan080013


I was a flapper (a last minute change of plans that I ended up having so much fun with!)

2007_0106jan080009


My beloved was an Elf from Lord of the Rings. He was stunning!

2007_0106jan080007


Nyk was Dash from the Incredibles! So cute!

2007_0106jan080015


Ronan ran around and danced his little heart out. Last year he rocked it at the same party only he ended up just pounding away on my cervix! LOL I think Ronan had the best time of all of us. Nykki fell alseep so we ended up leaving around 11 PM and Ronan was pissed off, he didn't want to leave!

Happy New Year!