Monday, June 14, 2010

Completing Him Challenge



I've come in a week late but I'm participating in the "Completing Him Challenge" from Living Well.

This is week one and the challenge is to "Post Pictures from your dating days (or tell us all about it!). Think about one thing you used to do or have as a couple that you have lost in the shuffle of life. How can you regain it?"


I met Seth at his parent's house. He had recently gotten out of the Navy and I had just moved to California. I remember being so impressed with his quick wit, his calm and gentle nature and his broad shoulders :) After talking with him a few times I prayed every night for a week straight that he might feel the same way about me as I did about him.


The beach was the scene for our first days of dating. Even though the water was literally freezing Seth would jump in and swim!!

We dated for about 3 months. It was a quick whirl-wind romance but the second we started dating we just knew we were a family, that we were meant to be together. All these years later not a day goes by that I don't KNOW he is my soul mate.

As a couple we were more care free. Obviously we didn't have the challenge of three children and a high pressure job to deal with! LOL! I am trying to regain some of that care free nature. I've worked on putting a lightness in my step and I've taken up humming especially in the morning and evening when Seth is home.

I imagine I'm a little fairy, flitting about on a soft breeze.

On a side note, today is Nykki's 7th birthday!! We are leaving tomorrow for a camping and fishing trip with the cousins! Read Nykki's birth story here. Happy birthday my big guy! Thank you for making me a mother!