Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Three Amigos via Duotone



Without much time to do any photography this weekend, I had quickly shot a few images in my backyard studio that I'm thinking of using in a future post. As I typically use our home office/extra bedroom to work from, I noticed my collection of Limited Lens and one of my Billingham bags just casually strewn on the daybed.

As I had come back to the room with the K-x and 31mm still mounted on my tripod, it took about a minute to set-up and fire off a few shots. It took longer to process the RAW file in CS4 and then covert the image into a duotone.

This exercise was simply to see if I could create an image that spoke to the classic nature of the Three Amigos (31mm, 43mm, 77mm Limited Lenses) in a softer type of classic light or interpretation. How'd I do?

(Note: Click on the thumbnail to see a larger image.)