Saturday, April 17, 2010

Suede Sleeve for W90

We have some pretty nice cases coming out for the W90, but for now I wanted to give my W90 some basic protection. I've never really appreciated having my camera and case tethered or attached. I prefer to be able to easily pull a camera out of its case and just start shooting, and when I'm finished simply slip it back in the case for protection.

For those of you that have a similar interest in minimal camera protection, I thought you might want to check out SF Bags - Waterfield Designs. Waterfield sells a wide range of computer bags, cases for iPhones and iPads, as well as suede sleeves for a number of devices.

Although their "Suede Jacket Cell Phone Cases" are marketed for cellphones, I found that the W90 fits nicely in their size "75" slipcase. It prevents scratches to the W90 when not in use. It also allows you to fold back the carabiner strap against the case when stowing the camera in suitcase, backpack etc. without having to worry if the carabiner is going to scratch the body, lens or LCD. The elasticity of the pocket keeps it flat when empty and stretchy enough to hold your W90 safely.Size 75 fits the W90.

The first three photos below show how the W90 fits in the Size 75 suede slipcase. The last two photos are primarily for reference and show two other Waterfield designs that I have. In particular, I have used the Cargo bag (bottom photo) for over three years and it has served me very well.

I am not connected with SF Bags, except that I've been a loyal customer for quite a few years. All there products are wonderfully made with great attention to detail, and they have truly superb service. And, as much as this will come as a surprise to you, all of their products are made in the SF Bay area.

So if you need a case for the W90 or a new sleeve for your laptop, you might want to check them out. I can assure you, you will not be disappointed. Here's a link to their website.

SF Bags - Waterfield Designs








(Photo Notes: Images shot with a K-x and FA 50mm f/1.4 Lens in RAW at ISO 400. Processed with CS4 to produce these small jpegs for posting on blogger. Click on any thumbnail to see a larger image.)