Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Update on Palin



So I looked all over the net for news on Palin and her family life before writing the last blog but I didn't come across this Washington Post article on the details of how she works. Thanks to one of my readers for directing me there.

Now I don't always trust the Washingotn Post to be ...umm...what's the word I'm looking for...real news - ah yes, HOWEVER I do want to state that it did paint a nice picture of her family life that I hope is true. Apparently she brings her baby in a carrier to work, her children are at her office a lot, she cooks all her family meals and has never had a full time babysitter. And apparently her oil field hubby is on a leave of absence - kudos!

I must say that I'm skeptical about her being VP and continuing her baby carrying ways but if she does that would be FABULOUS! What a role model she would be! But being VP of the whole country is much more work than being an Alaska governor.

Of course I don't know if she would say, take her babe on a trip to China, and I have no idea if she breatsfeeds - which to me is crucial (But in her defense I've heard it's much harder to breastfeed a downsyndrome baby)- however she's looking a lot better family wise then I first thought. She certainly has a lot more pluses in my book than Hilary Clinton.

That having been said - her policies are stil horrible and she would never get my vote.

Yeah, let's shoot animals with high powered weapons from an airplane and then go drill for more oil in that refuge! Drive your SUV, we're not causing global warming. Ugh! *rolling eyes*



The last time I checked, having a VP who hunted didn't work out that well for anyone.

So offically I'm "sexist" for thinking a mom should be home with her kids. "No one would ask McCain or Obama those questions!" the public shouts. Sure, because they are men and like it or not there is a biological difference between men and women.

Don't like it? Want to be a high powered CEO? Get your flippin' tubes tied OR invest in a baby carrier and be ready to kick some corporate butt along the way.

Either way, more power to ya sista!

So my ideal world? Palin has a change of heart, becomes a liberal, and McCain dies and she becomes president and breastfeeds through every State of the Union address! LOL! We can dream!