Friday, September 19, 2008

Crayons

crayons

I bought Nykki some new crayons today. Using our old set at the playgroup ate them up rather quickly - still the Stockmar crayons last sooooo much longer than the Crayolas. After most of the old Stockmar crayons were consumed (literally) in playgroup I decided that 22 dollars was too much to pay for crayons, natural or not, and I bought Nyk a huge set of Crayolas, 96 to be exact. And guess what? They practically dissolved after a few uses. They broke, they crumbled, they wore down so quickly. I finally realized that a well guarded set of Stockmar were much cheaper. As long as they aren't eaten or lost they last SOOOOO much longer than the Crayolas - by my count they last 5-6 times longer. They are just sturdier, better made crayons.

That's my observation for what it's worth.

Happy coloring!