Friday, October 17, 2008

Love Spiders

2008_10100025



I always take note of the spiders who come to live in our home. If my research finds them to be dangerous than I relocate them, or in extreme cases squash them. If I find them to be no treat I leave them to their spider business. We had a pair of harmless spiders hanging out in our bathroom, above our shower.



At first each spider had it's own web on opposite sides of the ceiling. Then a few days later I notice that one spider had moved into the others web. I observed them for a long time. They seemed, to my human concepts, to be in love. They would rub their legs together, and even seemed to hug. At first I was sure one must be attacking the other but none of the actions seemed to harm the other.



The next time I came to take a shower they had gone.....I wonder what happen to them. Perhaps they are on their honeymoon.