Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Continuing Drama...





So I need a spell work, advice, prayer, meditation, something....life is so busy!



So I attended the La Vida homeschool charter school board meeting last night in the hopes of giving the school the new breath of fresh air it needed to survive and again, I, like many parents before me, was not taken seriously and nothing got done. At this point some of the parents and former staff are so outraged it's gone legal and I have no hopes for the school's survival so I'm feeling like I need to step aside for the moment because my being dramatic about everything doesn't help the situation or myself. So that's that.



In addition to that I'm battling Med-i-cal who has not payed medical bills from April they were suppose to pay. I'm filling out new paperwork and calling the collection company nearly everyday with updates in the hopes that if they see I'm trying to pay my bill they wont put it on my credit report. I can't have $3,000 worth of medical bill right now on my credit when we need to rent a new house by december. So in the meantime I'm juggling the billing at the hospital, the collection agency and social services. *sigh*



On the other front my student loans through Citibank were consolidated through the government loan consolidation program for student loans however Citibank is saying they never got the check from the Educational Department. So now I have two bills, one from Citibank and one from the Ed. Dept. saying I owe them both money this month! Citibank is calling nearly everyday and I'm like "Dudes, I don't freakin' have a loan with you anymore, I don't owe you money." Ugh.



When do I get time to homeschool, when do I get time to nurture, when do I get time to sit and read stories with all this drama? It has to end and it has to end now. I refuse to let the world as it is destroy my peace of mind. I want to step aside but sometimes it's hard to figure out just how to do that. I can't just let my credit go south and I can't not pay my student loan bills.



I hate credit. Boy how I wish I didn't have those student loans. College should be free in the this country, or very cheap, like Europe.



The prophets of the Mormon church have always advised their members not to go into debt except to buy maybe a house or go to school. I agree and I live this life principle but I still have debt that I can barely control - debt that the managment thereof is like a full time job.



I'm always looking for the root of issues, to stop then at their germination, not just to prune them once they've overgrown. What do you think is the root of all this?