Sunday, October 26, 2008

Imagine



I thought I would leave you a gift at the door step of my blog today.

I know we have all heard this song before but I can never listen to it without being fully conscious and present. The lyrics pull me into a state of mind unlike any song and that deep place inside me, dark and mysterious as a the waters surrounding Avalon, really gets the message of the song through. Some musicians are more than just musicians, they border on prophetic, and John Lennon is a master of lyrical prophesy.

I found myself singing this last night as I did the dishes after dinner. Singing during the dishes is a ritual of mine - dishes themselves are a sacred ritual, a daily meditation. As the Amish say "Dishes are never a chore." Sing this song the next time you're rubbing, sloshing, soaping and rinsing. Just as burning sage clears the space before a magickal rite, doing the dishes clears the space for our nutritional ritual circle.

Blessings

Psst! For a special geek treat go here and listen to Scott Bakula (aka Sam Becket, aka Captain Archer)'s version of Imagine set to clips from Enterprise. Ohhhh...Scott Bakula *swoons slightly*