Monday, October 20, 2008

Homemade Halloween

2008_10100020



A cool autumn evening, the sounds of laughing children playing as the golden sunlight drifts away over the mountains and onto some red paradise - a needle darts between my fingers, a cup of tea at my side, I sit and create magick.



The tradition of dressing up in sacred garb for Samhain, otherwise known as Halloween, is a practice as old as the bones of my ancestors. As the veil between the our world and the world of our beloved dead grows thinner I relish these special moments were, even in this busy season, I manage to carve out the time to place love and care into every stitch for my family.



When your life turns with the seasons and you walk the path of the old ways, something as simple as a Halloween costume becomes an enchanted gift, a holy tradition that you carry forth into the next generation.