Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Little and Big of Life's Dramas...

IMG_0135



So if you read my homeschool blog you know that we had to pull Nykki from onsite classes (twice a week) at the homeschool charter school we participate in and switch to strictly at-home only. This means we still use Oak Meadow first grade and we still check in with our educational coordinator every 20 days however Nykki no longer is going twice a week to onsite classes.



The basic drama is that his school is violating a lot of conditions, promises, etc. There are also some legal issues going on. I've decided to put myself out there and fight to save the school and restore it's once solid reputation but during that time I felt like Nykki was taking the brunt of the drama. On Wednesday he developed a really sore mouth and headache from dental work he had done the day before and they sent him to the music room to lay down on pillows - they never even called me! And then one teacher had the nerve to come at me for Nykki's "lack of participation"



*rolling eyes*



It's interesting to me how the seeds we plant don't always come up the way we hoped and fall seems to be the time to deal with them whether positive or negative. Fall for me seems like time of balance, the bad gets worst and the good gets better.



During this time of year, when the wind gets crisp and the light turns golden I can't help but love the good at it's best - sewing Halloween costumes, pumpkin patches, friendships new and old and the taste of the harvest....it's all worth it.