Saturday, April 26, 2008

Vacation Lenses

I'll be spending the next week in San Jose Del Cabo, Mexico for our once a year trip to hot sun, bright skies, warm surfing water and a vast selection of choice tequila's that aren't shipped to the states.

Since my lovely wife limits me to the number of lenses I'm allowed to take on vacation (same restriction applies to surfboards), I usually take one or two new lenses, that I haven't shot with, and try to find photo opportunities that put them through their paces.

This year, I'm taking the new DA300mm and 35mm Macro Limited. I might take one other standby lens like the 31mm Limited, but that's it. Here are a few quick shots showing the new 300mm mounted on a tripod, so some of you who asked me, can see how the rotating collar works.

I'll try to post some shots towards the end of the vacation, but it'll have to be when my wife is sunning herself and I can sneak back to our hotel room!