Saturday, April 26, 2008

Council of 12

C12_2008

Not the 12 you're use to huh? This is a photo of the council of the twelve apostles of the Church of Latter-day Saints Reorganized, also known as the Community of Christ. This photo really hit my gut - women, people of color - it's amazing.

For me, personally and spiritually I need Christ (Yeshua). I need the Prince of Peace in my life as a guide and touchstone. I need the reminder of my inner and outer Christ - that all is God. The feast is lain and everyone must stand alone. Children grow up, spouses can leave, parents die....when you stand alone in this world who is really with you? God/Nature/Divine. For me I want Christ with me as representative of that but I can't have Christ without two things; Mary Magdalene (Mariamne) and the Restoration brought through Emma and Joseph Smith. I also can't have Heavenly Father without Heavenly Mother - my spiritual life craves balance.

Just some ramblings....thanks for listening. I think I have theological OCD.