Sunday, February 14, 2010

Spontaneous Sleep Over with Grand Kids

I'm sure some of you can relate to the story behind these photos. We went to a birthday party late Saturday afternoon, and during the celebration one of our grand kids asked my wife if he could sleep over with us. I told my wife no problem as we have them over quite frequently. Fast forward to my surprise when we're driving home with four grand kids in tow. I protest only in jest, as we love having them over, and as usual on Sunday morning we had breakfast and took them for a long walk along our beach and then returned to the house where they always rinse off in the spa.

Photo Notes: As I had taken my K-x and DA 16-45mm with me to get some snapshots of the birthday party, I decided to continue shooting with this combination for our Sunday activities at the beach and back home in the spa.

I realized the range of photos, from flash, low light to bright outdoors of a family event with the DA 16-45mm lens might give some of you an indication of how this lens can perform. As I have not shot with this lens in a few years, the recent fishing trip photos and this series of family photos give you a good range of subject matter to evaluate and draw your own conclusions.

All images were shot in RAW and processed into jpegs for posting on blogger using Adobe Camera Raw 5.5 and PhotoShop CS4. Click on any of the thumbnails to see larger image. The small FG200 Flash was used for the indoor party shots.