Saturday, June 28, 2008

Countdown to Baptism: Chamomile

chamomile

As I count down my week until my baptism I've been preparing myself. As I see it I will baptised and confirmed by members of the church who can trace their priesthood lineage directly back to Joseph Smith and from Joseph Smith to the Divine. It's a pretty serious deal.

Todays "countdown" is on Chamomile.

Silver Ravenwolf wrote in her book American Folk Magick, "A cup (of chamomile tea) is drunk by the Pow Wow (magickal healing arts of North America) student before power is passed or energy centers are opened....the mind of the recipient conjures up a supposed mystical essence."

One of Silver's students reported seeing fairy lights after using chamomile in this manner. I will be drinking a cup of chamomile everyday from now until my baptism. I will also be putting some chamomile in the magickal pouch that I am creating for this event. My pouch will resemble the one Jospeh Smith owned (see Early Mormonism and the Magic World View by D. Michael Quinn, fig. 49)