Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Mor'moon

Packing, sorting, random access to internet service - nothing, I have found, can keep me from blogging... tee hee...

jesus christ


So I was thinking more about the Mor'moon concept I came up with in this post.

Essentially Joseph Smith wrote as to the orgin of the word Mormon, "We say from the Saxon, good; the Dane, god; the Latin, bonus; the Greek, kalos; the Hebrew, tob; and the Egyptian, mon. Hence, with the addition of more, or the contraction, mor, we have the word MORMON; which means, literally, more good."

So I came up with Mor'moon as a play on words to simmer in the mind. Well, it's simmered and *ding* it's done, here's what it means to me.

In the Book of Mormon we are told in 2 Nephi 23:10

For the stars in heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light; the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine

So the light of the moon did not shine during the period between Christ's death and resurection. Now the implications in metaphormia abound and perhaps I'll write more on that later, but for the time being, it can be put simply that the light of the moon represents the light of the living Christ.

Hence Mor'moon can be translated as "more light of the living Christ" in particular as is seen through natural and celestial metaphor.