Friday, March 28, 2008

Ancestors

I wanted to share some photos of my ancestors today.

2007_03290007

This photo is of me with my great grandfather before he passed away. I was about 9 when this picture was taken and he was nearly 100. He died a year later. His name was Basil and I still think that one of my children will end up with Basil for a middle name. My great grandfather had alzheimers the entire time I knew him but my father has lovely stories of boyhood days spent on granpop's farm. Drinking from the well, baking biscuts, tending to the chickens and of course getting switched when he was bad *ouch*

So to trace the lineage, Basil, is my father's, mother's, father.

2007_03290008


Here is my great grandmother. My biological mother's, mother's, mother. Her name was Lillian but everyone called her Neenaw. Wasn't she beautiful? She died of cancer shortly before I was born. My parents have an audio recording of their wedding in 1976 and Lillian's voice is on that tape. Her voice was small, quite, very dainty and feminine.

2007_03290009

Here is a picture of me with my grandmother and grandfather in about 1980. My biological mother's, mother. So this woman is the daughter of the woman pictured above. Her name is Janet and my grandfather's name is Robbie. He passed away when I was 12 and Janet is still living. Robbie was a rocket scientest for NASA (yes and I think that's a pocket protector in his pocket LOL), so think of him when you say "It's not rocket science!" LOL He was also Cherokee and spoke 5 languages. I miss him a lot.


So there you have it, some pictures and some stories of the people still living in my cells.

Have a wonderful day!