Friday, February 20, 2009

White K2000 Shipping in U.S.

I thought some of our Pentaxians, in the US, might like an update on the White K2000 special edition model (includes white body, white 18-55mm lens, white 50-200mm lens). We started shipping this item two weeks ago. It's available only at our pentaxwebstore.com, and to Sam's Club members through their website.


Although I'll be accused by some that I'm trying to promote sales, I just want to clarify that we only brought in 500 units, and sales are going very well. Keep this in mind, if you're considering buying one for yourself or a loved one.


I also saw a few posts that folks were interested in seeing how a black lens looked on the white body. Therefore, I've posted photos showing the camera with a 40mm and 70mm Limited lens. And, please don't ask me to take pictures of more lens/body combinations. Use your imagination!


Lastly, I am not sure how many of you know about the special offer that's in these white K2000 kits, as well as all black K2000's we're selling in the states. See the last two photos in this thread, where I photographed the front and back of this "PENTAX Visa Prepaid Card Offer". This offer is being made exclusively to customers that purchase the K2000. It's not promoted or advertised, like a national rebate on a number of different products. Think of it as a "personal" thank you for buying the camera, and we thought it would be a nice surprise when you open the package for the first time. As a kid, I loved to see what toy was inside the Cracker Jack's box.


The attached photo is sharp enough so you can see what savings you'll get if you purchase any of these items. The terms are also stated very clearly, but I would suggest you read them carefully before deciding if purchasing the K2000 to then buy another item to get these savings makes financial sense to you. Also, to avoid any forum-frenzied confusion, you can only submit the original printed offer card to qualify for this program. No photocopies will be accepted. In other words, only folks who buy the K2000 are qualified to get the savings. And, notice we are not using rebate checks for this particular promotion. We're doing this limited offer to test the effectiveness of using VISA pre-paid cards, which you can use anywhere except to draw cash from an ATM machine.


Hope this post has been helpful, and I apologize for its length. But I wanted to make sure we were clear on the status of this model, as well as how this new promotion works.


(Note: Click on any of these thumbnails to see a larger image. Star Wars figure courtesy of my grandson)