Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Church

church



I don't know how all my other Mormon brother and sisters are doing with church post the prop 8 nightmare but I haven't been able to go back. It's not that I myself can't go back, I wouldn't mind standing my ground and following the Holy Spirit, however I can't imagine putting my two young boys in primary and nursery knowing what they teach them about families now. It breaks my heart. I want a faith I can raise my children in but I just cannot raise them in that environment, they are too young, too impressionable.

I've thought about going to the Community of Christ but they are an hour and a half away, as are the Unitarians which are not quite spiritual enough for me.

I do think I've found a happy solution for now. I have been attending the Episcopal church in Willits, St. Francis of the Redwoods. They are very open minded and a really good group of people. One of them reffered to me as an espica-pagan, LOL.

I miss having the restoration in my life as a community blessing and I don't consider myself an Episcopalian (even though my parents baptized me one when I was 2) but I can go to this church (which is a straw bale adobe eco church by the way) and I can wear my Goddess necklace and insert "Mary Magdalen" into my prayers and call the Holy Spirit "she" and no one bats an eyelash - in fact many join in.

My kids go to the Sunday school taught by a nice woman. The other children in their class are the darling children of the lesbian couple who attends the church. Quite a difference from LDS church - huh?

It's not perfect but I'm feeling thankful for the spiritual community I have right now. I feel like I'm on a good path.

Blessings of the cosmic, Heavenly Mother, Sophia to you and your loved ones and Christ's love be with you always.