Saturday, August 16, 2008

Blogging from the beach

Having just configured "mail-to-blogger", I can now post to my blog
from anywhere using my iPhone. As the attached low res iPhone photo
shows, I'm about to go out for a much needed surf session at my local
break, San Onofre.

My thanks to the several Pentaxians who've emailed me reminding me I
haven't posted in awhile, and when am I going to announce the winner
of my "name that object" contest. Suffice to say I've been out
straight with all the new initiatives that Hoya has us working on. For
anyone that's gone thru a merger, you can relate. Those of us that are
passionate and commited to turning the company around from a culture
of analog to digital thinking are having a great time.

And just like surfing, turning a company around is like dropping in on
a bigger wave than you're used to. You just have to go for it.

I'll make a point of announcing the winner of the 35mm Macro very
shortly, and try to post more often. Until then, happy shooting.