Monday, May 12, 2008

WEF!!

This weekend was the Whole Earth Festival in Davis! One of the last free festivals and one of the oldest at 39 years of age, WEF can hardly be beat.

IMG_4880

We arrived on Saturday afternoon just in time to meet my friend-in-blogging, Suzy Gallup, who was there to play with her band Morning Glory! Seth thought for sure we would never find her because the campus was packed with so many people but Suzy and I knew each other right away. We walked a bit and talked and introduced our families and then Seth, the boys and I hung out in the shade while Suzy sang like a beautiful song bird on stage with her band. How fun!

Seth and I then went and looked for rings. We have been talking about exchanging rings now for a year or so but we wanted to get nice rings, that were unique and not too pricey and I thought that WEF would be the perfect place for that. Within a half hour we both found the perfect rings. We then left to drive to Sacramento for dinner at an Ethiopian restruant but it was gone and in it's place was a Morrocan restruant so we went there instead.

2007_05170008

After getting a bit lost a few times in Sacramento we also managed to find the Sacramento LDS temple. I've been dreaming a lot about temples lately and I was dying to go look at the Sacramento one. Seth humored me as always (good sport). It was really nice and we sat and watched the sun set in the park surrounding the temple.

2007_05170018

2007_05170012


2007_05170016

When we got back to WEF it was really late. We caught some fire dance preformances that were awesome. It reminded me so much of our tribal natures - everyone sitting around still marveling at fire after all these thousands of years that we have attempted to control it. Beautiful and powerful.

2007_05170020

After some debating, wondering, sighing and checking our wallet we decided that the car would be the best place to stay the night and we hunkered down in the back.

2007_05170021

The next morning we woke up to feasted on rice cakes and prunes. We arrived early at the festival and played in a hammock and got our faces painted while we waited for a yoga class to start. After the yoga class we eat an early lunch and went to see Dr. Seuss stories being read in the children's area but it apparently was canceled. Seth and I felt bad since Nyk had really been looking forward to it so we bought him a toy to cheer him up, a rocket shaped juggling like stick. Very cool, I'm trying to master it myself.

2007_05170026

2007_05170028

2007_05170042

2007_05170038

The drive was short and not too hot and we finished the Amber Spy Glass audio book on the way back. I love that trilogy by Phillip Pullman (His Dark Materials)! Simply marvelous! I hope they make the rest of them into movies as well as I really enjoyed the first (The Golden Compass).

What a splendid Mother's Day weekend!!