Monday, May 5, 2008

DA 35mm f/2.8 Macro Sample Shots

Here are a few sample shots I took in Todos Santos and San Jose Del Cabo, Mexico last week. All images, except noted, were shot at ISO 200 RAW with a K20D and converted by ACR/CS3 with no adjustments into JPEGs for posting here. I really like the weight and balance of this lens on the K10D/K20D. My initial impression is the lens produces sharp images with nice snap and contrast.

The 2nd to last photo is of the courtyard wall at LaPanga Antigua restaurant in SJDC shot at ISO 800, which I'd ordinarily never use in my typical photography. I like the way the DA 35mm and K20D rendered this scene. The last photo is a close-up shot of Mexican Pesos and a bar of Surf Wax. Although I typically don't need close-up capabilities in a walk-around lens, from my limited tests I think I'll find this feature a nice added value.