Saturday, July 11, 2009

Summer Lovin' had me a blast.....

I have a facebook account that I check pretty much anytime I'm online. I'm able to update it a bit more often then here as well so if you'r not already face book friends with me go to www.faacebook.com/motherlovergoddess

Here are some updates in keeping with the theme of the blog...

Village Knowledge

We sorta dropped the homeschool ball when I was so sick the first trimester but the great thing about home school is that you can pick it back up anytime. We are currently enjoying a summer fun schedule which includes swimming lessons (given by me) every Tuesday either at our community pool our our friends pond. We do childcare, crafts and back yard play every Monday and Wednesday.

On Thursday we go to the Summer Reading program at our local library, then Farmer's Market and then Karate lessons (it's a big day, Thursday). Fridays we bake cookies, deep clean a room of the house and when we have extra money Nykki goes to Young Explorers club. On Saturdays we work in our family garden and have a picnic and on Sundays we read a story from Circle Round and then have a family drumming circle.

The best part os nearly all of it is free. The karate lessons are free through the Sheriffs Youth Activities league. The library, gardening, picnicing, etc. are all free. The only thing we really pay for is the public pool and sometimes Young Explorers.

Our schedule is keeping us just busy enough to feel satified but not over burdened. Next week were hoping to start selling cooies at the children's farmers market.

Birtholution

I'm feeling so good about this pregnancy. I"m really a lot calmer, not as worried or consumed by "what if" questions in my mind. I'm taking it all like a pro (which I guess I'm getting to be, LOL)


Pioneer Diet

After lossing my sour dough culture a few months ago I have cultured another and am back to baking baking baking :)

Sacred Simplicity

This has taken on a whole new meaning for us lately. We have no real "extra" money but we are concentrating on feeling thankful for what we have. I've bee using my powers of manifestation in place of more money. I actually set out to somehow get a Bravado nusing bra, which I have always wanted but never could afford and I went to the thrift shop with that intention and guess what I found? A Bravado nursing bra for $2!

Cottage Horticulture

We are eating a lot of garden veggies and fruit this time of year from our garden, our friends gardens and of course farmers market. With Seth's latest job he has proof of income so we were able to get on food stamps which we can use at famers market! How cool is that?

I'm afraid we may not have any wild plums this year, our frost season was all messed up this year but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.


Nature Crafting

We are having fun experimenting with all the summer time nature goodies around. Painting peach pits, hanging pine cones, making mullen tea....

Mor'moonism

I think I'm too picking for organized religion. After the Sunday school teacher at the Episcapol church said that gnostics were heretics in her sermon I haven't gone back sine. Who needs that?

We like our stories and our family drumming circle for now. We'll stick with that :) for now....but who knows what will come next?

I gotta run with no time to proof read so I'll just post.